Why Prophecies Fail Koinonia with Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak
- Lift up your voice and bless the name of the Lord.
“You are the mighty God
The great I Am
You are the mighty God
The great I Am
Hallelujah, Hallelujah…” – Song
“For Your name is Holy, Holy Lord
For Your name is Holy, Holy Lord…” – Song
“Let the weight of Your glory cover us
Let it cover all the earth
Let the weight of Your glory fall…” – Song
- God is ministering to people tonight. Stay connected and fix your gaze on Jesus.
- Why Prophecies Fail (1 Timothy 1:18)
Tonight’s message is an attempt to explain to believers why a lot of prophecies seemingly fail and to give a better understanding about the prophet
- 1 Timothy 1:18 (KJV)
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
- 1 Thessalonians 5:20 (KJV)
Despise not prophesyings.
- 2 Peter 1:19 (KJV)
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
- As a believer, you must understand the importance of prophecies and avoid despising them but you must also realize that the Bible (scripture) is the greatest form of prophecy.
- Factors like the accuracy and depth of the prophet and deficiency in his/her personal mental transformation can reduce the potency of a prophetic word.
- Isaiah 38:1 (KJV)
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live.
- Isaiah 38 (KJV)
2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the Lord,
3 And said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
- Isaiah 38 (KJV)
4 Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying,
5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
- All personal prophecies spoken by any servant of God have conditions that must be adhered to for their actualization.
- It is within the power of a believer to change any personal prophecy. Every time a negative word of prophecy is sent to your life, there is power in God’s Word to change it because the Word of God is a more sure Word of prophecy.
- The first reason why prophecies fail is that people receive the Word but do not receive the conditions for actualizing it.
- Prophecies are not automatic; your action or inaction determines whether they come to pass. Negative prophecies can be averted using God’s Word and positive prophecies require your alignment and obedience to come to pass.
- Every time you receive a positive prophetic word, you must immediately seek to know and understand the conditions for activating the prophecy and begin to engage them.
- Prophecy was not designed to replace obedience to God’s set order.
- When you study the Word of God and obey the principles therein, no divination against you can stand.
- It is irresponsible to rely completely on prophecy and ignore the place of your obedience.
- Parents must constantly declare God’s Word over the lives of their children, reverting every evil prophecy hovering over them.
“We want to see You like a mighty rushing wind
We want to dwell under the shadow of Your wings
So Blow, Blow, Blow like a mighty wind
Spirit of Victory
Cover us with your wings…” – Song
- You must learn how to step into the office of a priest and legislate through prayers, changing everything that is not consistent with the counsel of God in your life and family.
- Pray: I decree and declare that every good prophecy that has been spoken upon my life but is still hanging, begins to happen now in the Name of Jesus!
- Matthew 18:18 (KJV)
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
- Pray: Everything that belongs to me but has been held down by any power, I command a release now in the Name of Jesus! ‘
Psalm 91:1-2 (KJV)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psalm 91:3-4 (KJV)
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psalm 91:7-8 (KJV)
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
- Pray: Lord, every prophetic word that came through your servant upon my life this year, I receive grace and understanding to know what to do and I partner to bring the prophecy to fulfillment.
- Christ is calling out to you for a relationship with Him. Make the decision to accept Him today.
- Salvation Prayer: Lord Jesus, I love You and I believe in You. I confess that You are Lord over my life and I declare that I am born again.
If you are using an Android Device you can Download Our Mobile App Glory Cloud to Download Phone Size Koinonia Messages Directly into your Device as well as Stream Koinonia Live Services among others.
You CAN Click Here to Download Glory Cloud from Google Play!