Teach Us To Pray Part Three Koinonia with Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak
- Pray: Lord, quicken my understanding tonight.
- Pray: Lord, let Your Word turn me to a sign and wonder, tonight.
- Tonight, we shall be examining:
1. Dimensions of prayer
2. The rules of engagement
3. Principles of spiritual legislature
Psalm 65:2 (KJV)
O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
- Dimensions of Prayer:
1. Fellowship and Growth:
Believers grow in God’s Kingdom primarily through; The ministry of prayer, the Word, fellowship and Service.
Luke 9:28-29 (KJV)
28. And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
29. And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
- Prayer is a vehicle that changes a believer by the opening up of his organs of interaction and pruning of the flesh.
1 Corinthians 14:2 (KJV)
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1 Corinthians 14:3-4 (KJV)
3. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Jude 1: 20 (KJV)
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
1 John 1:5 (KJV)
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
- As believers, the basis of our confidence should not be solely on encounters but on the integrity of the Scripture and God’s promises therein.
- The second dimension of prayer is:
2. Obtaining promises and making requests.
Hebrews 11:33 (KJV)
Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.
- This entails personalizing the promises of the Scriptures and making it your experience through faith and prayers.
You make the truths of the Scripture your experience when you confess them through prayers.
John 16:24 (KJV)
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Mark 11:23 (KJV)
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mark 11:24 (KJV)
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
James 4:1-2 (KJV)
1. From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2. Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
James 4:3 (KJV)
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
- As a believer, when you pray, it is not primarily your desire that matters; God vets your intention and motives before granting your request.
Prayer is answered only when it is within the boundary of God’s will.
John 9:31 (KJV)
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done…” –Song
- Ensure your christian experience is void of selfishness; the obsession for a thing, realm or result, regardless of its effect on others.
Colossians 1:9 (KJV)
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Romans 12:2 (KJV)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- The Will of God represents every action inspired by the Holy Spirit, which is consistent with the character of Scriptures and causes the intent and influence of the Kingdom to be revealed; that Christ may be glorified.
Matthew 6:10 (KJV)
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- There are two dimensions of the Will of God; the Revealed and Permissive Will.
The Revealed Will of God represents the dimension of God’s Will made known to man primarily through Scriptures.
1 Timothy 2:4 (KJV)
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
“I hear the chains falling
I hear the chains falling …” –Song
- The permissive will of God represents actions that though not directly revealed, are within the boundary of righteousness, God’s character and directly exalt Christ.
- There are dimensions of God’s Will that are not expressly stated in Scriptures but are made valid by their consistency with His character and by being within the boundaries of His methodologies.
- The third dimension of prayer is:
3. Decrees and Spiritual Legislation
This dimension of prayer deals with rearranging realities based on the Word of God; commanding elements that make for possibilities to align with the Will of God.
Revelation 5:10 (KJV)
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Ecclesiastes 8:4 (KJV)
Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Job 22:28 (KJV)
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.
Isaiah 43:26 (KJV)
Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.
Isaiah 41:21 (KJV)
Produce your cause, saith the Lord; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.
- Rules of Engagement in Prayer:
1. Prayer must be approached from
i. A standpoint of the love of God and
ii. The victory of Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 1:3 (KJV)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- As believers, we approach prayer from a standpoint of God’s love and victory that has already been wrought in Christ.
“Every high thing must come down
Every stronghold shall be broken
You wear the Victor’s crown
You have overcome, You have overcome…” –Song
- Lift up your voice and pray in the Spirit
“You hold the universe
You hold everyone on earth
You hold the universe
You hold everyone on earth…” –Song
- In few minutes, declare and receive by faith the promises embedded in God’s Word.
- Lift up your voice and make decrees over your life.
“Komai na, naka ne (all I have is Yours)
Komai na, naka ne (all I have is Yours)
Komai na, naka ne (all I have is Yours)…” –Song
I decree and declare life to your prayer life!
I shift you to a new level of fellowship with God.
Let there be mighty fire upon your life. I decree and declare that you begin to command miracles, signs and wonders through prayer in the Name of Jesus!
I pray for you, any time you pray, may the covenant of this ministry back you up in the Name of Jesus.
I speak to you tonight, command strange results that will dumfound principalities in the Name of Jesus!
- An encounter with Jesus is a prerequisite for genuine prayer to God. Tonight, Christ is reaching out to you, make a decision this moment to accept Him into your life through the Salvation prayer.
- Salvation Prayer: Lord Jesus, I come before You just as I am, I love You and I believe You died to save me from my sins. Tonight, I receive You into my life and I decree that I am Yours.
If you are using an Android Device you can Download Our Mobile App Glory Cloud to Download Phone Size Koinonia Messages Directly into your Device as well as Stream Koinonia Live Services among others.
You CAN Click Here to Download Glory Cloud from Google Play!