Teach Us To Pray Koinonia with Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak
- Pray: Spirit of the Living God, I have come before You. Open my heart and empower my flesh.
- When you become satisfied with your current level, you have placed a limit on your growth. There has to be an insatiable hunger to learn and to ensure you grow.
- Have a positive attitude towards God’s Word. Be deliberate about your continual pursuit of the knowledge of God and His ways.
Micah 4:2 (KJV)
And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion,and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
Micah 4:3 (KJV)
And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- Belonging to a spiritual family where there is an accurate communication of God’s Word and receiving the truth of God’s Word will inevitably transform you into wonder.
- As a believer, you must intentionally seek to understand God’s Word. Your immunity in God’s Kingdom is the fortification that His Word provides.
Psalm 65:2 (KJV)
O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
Luke 11:1 (KJV)
And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
Matthew 6:5 (KJV)
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 6:6 (KJV)
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:7 (KJV)
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
- Beyond the accreditation you receive from men, genuine prayer entails praying with a pure motive.
- Hypocrisy in prayer has to do with the desire to be seen, accredited and applauded by men rather than sustaining a genuine connection with God.
Matthew 6:8 (KJV)
Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
- The Bible encourages believers to assume the location of a closet when they pray. Self-awareness can be a limitation to the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
- The power in prayer is not in vain repetitions.
Matthew 6:9-10 (KJV)
9. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Prayer is part of the priestly ministry of all saints and believers.
All believers are mandated as priests to pray.
Revelation 5:10 (KJV)
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Matthew 21:13 (KJV)
And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Why should Believers pray?
1. Believers are commanded to Pray. (Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Praying without ceasing means being consistent in your prayer life.
2. It is one of the major strategies for fellowship with the Father. (1 Corinthians 14:2) Prayer is one of the strategies for fellowship and communion (intimacy, intercourse and participation with the Spirit)
3. It is a platform for growth and transformation. (Luke 9:28-29)
Believers who don’t pray cannot grow effectively. Prayer is a system allocated for your growth and transformation.
- A sign of prayerlessness is lack of discernment; the faculty of spiritual perception. Discernment is the ability to perceive impulses from the realm of the spirit.
- Prayerlessness alters a believer’s spiritual perception and limits his or her possibility to receive from God in the realm of the spirit.
- There are numerous channels through which God communicates His intents to believers; this is usually determined by your level of renewal.
4. Prayer is a platform for warfare and intercession (Acts 12:-1-5)
5. According to Scripture, prayer is a strategy to keep your faith alive.
6. Prayer is the authorized biblical platform to table your request and make petitions.
- Desire, reception, and manifestation are the steps to receive from God. Prayer is a channel that makes your desire to be received and made manifest.
- Pray: Father, purify my motives tonight.
1. Between today (13 September 2019) and next Friday ( September 2019), every adult is encouraged to take a day out, void of distraction, to wait upon the Lord, personally.
2. Prayer should be focused on gaining spiritual stamina and fortification against every limitation to spiritual perceptions.
3. Saturate yourself with worship songs.
4. Maximize night prayers; suspend movies and excessive surfing of the internet.
5. Give attention to your destiny and be sensitive to the leadings of the Holy Spirit.
- I declare fresh fire upon your prayer altar!
- Every excuse that justifies prayerlessness, I cancel it in the Name of Jesus!
- Building a sustainable spiritual life begins from a genuine encounter with God, The Lord is reaching out to you tonight; make the bold decision to hand over your life to Him.
- SALVATION PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I come before You; believing that You died to save me from my sins. I desire a real relationship with You and tonight, I stand boldly to declare that my life is yours. I receive Your eternal life and I declare that I am a child of God.
1. We want to emphatically state that Apostle Joshua Selman is NOT on any social media platform and does not request for funds from anyone online. We encourage you to desist from any page other than the ministry’s social media platforms.
2. The official platforms for the ministry are stated below:
Facebook (Eternity Network Internation)
Instagram : @koinoniaglobal
If you are using an Android Device you can Download Our Mobile App Glory Cloud to Download Phone Size Koinonia Messages Directly into your Device as well as Stream Koinonia Live Services among others.
You CAN Click Here to Download Glory Cloud from Google Play!